This galette is rustic, beautiful and deliciously simple — not to mention a real show stopper!
(No one will ever know its vegan!)
It is my great healthy holiday go-to. Try it out!
2 cups of unbleached flour
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
4-5 organic green apples (or your apple of choice), sliced or chopped (I keep the skin on but you don’t have to)
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
Non-dairy vanilla ice cream topping, optional but extra yummy!
Rolling pin (or wine bottle)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix the two cups flour with the 3/4 cup olive oil
- Roll the dough into a large ball and place it onto parchment paper with a sprinkle of flour (so the dough does not stick to the paper)
- Roll the dough ball out until it is about 1/2 inch thick
- Place the flat dough directly onto your baking sheet
- Wash and slice your apples
- Mix in a large bowl: 1/2 cup flour with 1/2 – 3/4 cup vanilla coconut palm sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add apples to the mixture and stir well to cover evenly
- Place that mixture with the apples on top of the flat dough
- Fold the edges of the dough over the apples, covering about ~3-4 inches of the outside edges. The more uneven, the better. It’s handmade!
- Option to sprinkle a little coconut palm sugar on top for some sparkle.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Top with vanilla ice cream (I like larry and luna or vixen kitchen) and enjoy every bite.